Summer Language Program Fees
Additional fees (optional):
3 day trip to Kyiv - $149
5 day trip to Odessa - $349, or $199 for 3 days
Do I need a visa? No.
The nationals of USA, Canada, EU and many other countries can travel to Ukraine visa-free for stays of up to 90 days.
All programs include:
- tuition: receive university transfer credits, up to 2 U.S. credits per week, or 16 credits for an 8-week program
- housing: homestays or apartments in Kharkiv, Ukraine
- 20 hrs/week of language instruction at Karazin Kharkiv National University
- at least 4 hours/week of outside of classroom immersion events and activities: theater, dance and art festivals, excursions within the Kharkiv region, Russian/Ukrainian speaking and movie clubs, meetings and events with local NGOs and youth organizations
- volunteering opportunities are organized for free for interested students
- official transcripts
- pre-departure support
- 24/7 support from the onsite EESA staff
- Meet and greet at the airport
- access to the Universitiy's library
- local SIM card
Payment due dates:
Once accepted into the program, you must pay a $500 confirmation deposit within 10 days. The balance of the fees is due by May 1st. Late applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, and due dates will be determined individually. Contact us any time to find out if you can still join the program.
EESA makes advance payments for tuition, housing, and other expenses on behalf of admitted students long before their study abroad term starts. Therefore, application fees and confirmation deposits cannot be refunded. Partial refunds of recoverable program fees may be allowed under unforeseen circumstances (such as a serious illness or an emergency out of student’s control). All refund decisions are made on case-by-case basis.